Saturday 3 May 2014

Creating the 16 page book pamphlet stitch mock up


Pamphlet stitch 

I think one of the best methods of binding for the publication i am creating is pamphlet stitch, because it is easy to do and can be produced on a large scale. I also like the aesthetic it gives on my publication making it have a hand crafted touch to it. Something that when it is given out in a shop the audience will like. It also relates well to the crafted look because it is showing bikes which are a crafted object. 


Creating a pamphlet stitch 


I firstly held the book together with bulldog clips 






I then came up through the middle hole down through the bottom back round up through the top hole then back down the centre. Again showing how quick this method is. 








In this book i also printed the mock up on different paper so i could see what would look best with my illustrations 

So in the book i had 

Ivory paper at 160gsm 
Antique paper at 120gsm 
Cartridge paper at 120gsm
Watercolour paper 180gsm





I decided that the ivory was far to dark and i didn't like how it worked with the black illustrations or the blue gradient on the pages. I also thought that cartridge paper was not the correct colour and looked a bit dull, the watercolour paper was far too thick and i dont think it would work well as a folded publication of pages, i also didnt like how the ink a ran slightly on the paper. I think the best paper was the antique white paper where the illustrations looked sharp and the colour wasn't too far off white that it looked strange. Although i feel there could be a better choice of paper i could use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment