Thursday 1 May 2014

16 Page Book new design

After having a crit i decided to change my book completely so i started looking at different ways i could layout my book.  


I then created these layouts shown below, using one of the illustrations i have created i used to see where would be best to have it. I also put in text to see where that would work with my design. 






I have highlighted the ones i feel are best and ones i will take forward with my publication. 


I then started to look at different colour schemes to see what i could use for my publication. 









I used this grid system to layout my book, 



I then looked at the colours i selected earlier to see what they look like. 







I decided that the blue looked best, and that it also worked best as a gradient.



Using the layouts above to see what works best 












I then selected the layout above, i felt this was the best because it showed the bike as the main attraction and the colour isn't too overpowering on the whole page. There is also a small description that isn't too big but is easily readable. 


Using the gradient i then started to insert the other illustrations i had made. 


I also added information at each bike, from my research i was able to find out information about key parts of the bike, i have put these on to the page via a numbering system, where each part is labeled with a line and that number is put at the bottom. 









Front cover 

for the front cover i took the gradient and used it across the bottom and put the title of my book at the top, keeping it simple and easier to read. 












No comments:

Post a Comment